By Thuan L. Thai
DCOM -- the allotted part item version -- is a up to date improve of a primary and well-tested know-how promoted via Microsoft for allotted item programming. Now that elements are taking part in a bigger and bigger half in home windows ninety eight, home windows NT 4.0, and home windows 2000, each home windows programmer may want to comprehend the expertise. DCOM competes with CORBA as a wealthy and strong process for growing expandable and versatile parts, permitting you to plug in new elements with ease and improve with no the necessity for code adjustments to each application that makes use of your component.This ebook introduces C++ programmers to DCOM and offers them the elemental instruments they should write safe, maintainable courses. whereas utilizing visible C++ improvement instruments and wizards the place applicable, the writer by no means leaves the implications as much as magic. The C++ code used to create dispensed parts and the communications exchanged among structures and gadgets are defined at a degree the place the reader is aware their value and will use the insights for such projects as debugging and enhancing performance.The first few chapters clarify either the distant technique calls that underlie DCOM's communique and how DCOM makes use of C++ periods. Readers turn into firmly grounded within the relation among parts, sessions, and gadgets, the methods items are created and destroyed, how consumers locate servers, and the fundamentals of defense and threading.After providing you with a grounding in how DCOM works, this booklet introduces you to the Microsoft instruments that make all of it effortless. by way of displaying what quite occurs at any time when you opt a button in a wizard, Learning DCOM allows for you to settle on what you need.This ebook is for an individual who desires to comprehend DCOM. whereas completely useful in its pursuits, it does not stint at the history you want to make your courses secure, effective, and simple to maintain.Topics include:
- MIDL (Microsoft Interface Definition Language, the language for outlining COM interfaces)
- COM blunders and exception handling
- Custom, dispatch, and twin interfaces
- Standard and customized factories
- Management of in-process as opposed to out-of-process servers
- Distributed reminiscence management
- Pragmatic clarification of the DCOM twine protocol
- Standard, customized, handler, and automation marshaling
- Multithreading and apartments
- Security on the method configuration and programming level
- Active Template Library (ATL), ATL wizards -- and what they do not do
- Writing an element that may be invoked from visible Basic
- Techniques for utilizing disbursed components
- Creating an ActiveX regulate and embedding it in an online client
- Authentication and using home windows NT defense features
- Techniques for merging marshaling code
- Connection and disbursed occasions management
- An creation to COM+ features
Read or Download Learning DCOM PDF
Best c & c++ books
This e-book teaches introductory programmers who're already conversant in object-oriented programming and C++ easy methods to use the MFC library.
E-book by way of Congress on Evolutionary Computation
Starting C for Arduino, moment version is written if you happen to haven't any past event with microcontrollers or programming yet want to scan and examine either. up-to-date with new tasks and new forums, this ebook introduces you to the interval, reinforcing every one programming constitution with an easy demonstration of ways you should use C to regulate the Arduino kin of microcontrollers.
- Advanced MS DOS programming : the Microsoft guide for Assembly language and C programmers
- Mastering C Programming
- Cocoa Programming: A Quick-Start Guide for Developers (Pragmatic Programmers)
- Java 2 for Dummies 2nd Edition
- Parallel and Distributed Programming Using C++
- Programming with ANSI C++
Additional info for Learning DCOM
Almost all of these sources can be found in the most current Microsoft Developer's Network (MSDN) CDs. I've listed these sources in the order that I think you should read them. com/com. 9, Microsoft Corporation, 24 October 1995. Kindel, Charlie and Brown, Nat. 0). Microsoft Corporation, January 1998. MIDL Programmer's Guide and Reference. Microsoft Platform SDK. Microsoft Corporation, 19921998. COM Programmer's Reference. Microsoft Platform SDK. Microsoft Corporation, 19941998. Automation Programmer's Reference.
This appendix is for those who want to get a sneak preview at the kind of code that must be written in order to develop simple distributed components using COM. Again, I provide this appendix solely as a supplement, so you must read the whole book to really build distributed systems using COM. Page xiv Some Assumptions About the Reader In this book, I assume that you have a working knowledge of C++ and object-oriented programming. You should also have basic knowledge of the Visual C++ integrated development environment, but you don't have to know ATL or MFC.
After reading Chapters 3 through 5, you will realize that most of the code developed in Chapters 3 and 4 is boilerplate code. In fact, you can write template classes and macros to hide the boilerplate code, so that it will take less code to write a component. This is exactly what ATL does. It is a set of C++ template classes and macros that hides the boiler-plate code. By using these classes and macros, you reduce the amount of code that you must write to build a distributed component. Page xiii Chapter 7, Using COM Objects, presents several ways to use a distributed COM object.