Download Reaching Prevention Professionals : The Mentor by Silke Tonshoff PDF

By Silke Tonshoff

Analyzes the cost-effectiveness of a web portal on drug misuse prevention.

Show description

Read or Download Reaching Prevention Professionals : The Mentor Portal---Cost-Benefit Analysis of a Drug Misuse Prevention Portal PDF

Similar addiction & recovery books

Fastest, Highest, Strongest: A Critique of High-Performance Sport (Routledge Critical Studies in Sport)

Quickest, maximum, most powerful provides a complete problem to the dominant orthodoxy in regards to the use of performance-enhancing medicines in recreation. analyzing the political and monetary transformation of the Olympic stream in the course of the 20th century, the authors argue that the realities of contemporary recreation require a significant reassessment of present rules, specifically the ban at the use of sure ingredients and practices.

Sacred Self, Sacred Relationships: Healing the World for Seven Generations

The ripple impact of desire and healing--which starts off inside of each one of us--extends outward via our relations with the ability to rework the area. this can be the imaginative and prescient and promise of Blackwolf and Gina Jones of their most up-to-date ebook, Sacred Self, Sacred Relationships. Drawing upon local American teachings in addition to their expert paintings within the fields of well-being and spirituality, the authors discover how international swap starts with own swap.

Dual Disorders: Counseling Clients With Chemical Dependency and Mental Illness

This accomplished source presents execs with the framework had to comprehend the complicated nature of people being affected by psychological disease and chemical addiciton, accommodates present medical details, and discusses powerful startegies to advisor consumers to restoration.

Extra info for Reaching Prevention Professionals : The Mentor Portal---Cost-Benefit Analysis of a Drug Misuse Prevention Portal

Example text

The portal possesses the potential to become not only an information tool to find training in the field of prevention but also to deliver training modules. Distance learning could be a particularly successful model where affordability and geography have been real barriers to access. The provision of online learning modules is of course not costfree. But with marginal cost of near to zero it is one of the most effective applications of a portal in general. A careful assessment has to be undertaken to see if this is feasible as well for the prevention field.

M. R. Chiesa, S. Bushway, An ouce of prevention, a pound of uncertaingty: the cost-effectiveness of schoolbased drug prevention programs, Santa Monica, RAND MR-923-RWJ, 1999. Deloitte & Touche; CFO Portal Service overview and White paper; Oct. 15th 2001. , The St. Louis Conundrum: the effective treatment of anti-social youth, Engelwood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1983. ; Metcalfe’s Law and Legacy; in: Forbes ASAP; Sept. 13 1993. ; Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine; Oxford 1996. , and C. , Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems, Long Beach, California, 2000.

3 The role of the Prevention Intervention Network (PIN) for the impacts of the portal As stated previously, 80% of the prevention practitioners work in Western countries. The remaining 20% form a group that is hard to reach. The Mentor Foundation is preparing a Prevention Intervention Network as a complement to its Portal. In the Network, prevention workers are to have direct electronic contact. They can thus learn to know each other and exchange experiences. Here we will discuss the possible role of the internet for such global contacts and the impact that the PIN might have on the effectiveness of the Mentor Portal.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.60 of 5 – based on 14 votes